Friday, October 10, 2008

Maybe Google isn't that fantastic...

I love Google.
I have used GMail since 2004ish. Google Chat is one of the only chats most businesses have yet to figure out how to keep employees from using. (Although, college libraries figured it out.) Joe and I use Google docs to keep track of our bills per month and I save papers and my students grades on it. Plus, Google has a state of the art "Drunk Email disabler", which asks you a bunch of Math questions before you can send an email in the wee hours of a drunken morning. Hell, this blog is supported by Google.

So what's not to love?

How about when technology goes "too far"?

Google ads are a great way of generating revue for blogs and small websites. Know what google Ads aren't good at doing? Figuring out how not to be offensive.

Remember Highlights? That kid mag that your dentist had with the game where you would find the out of place items? Lets play that shall we. This is a website offering a brief history of the Fat Acceptance Movement, Can you spot what is out of place in this webpage?


















Did you find it? Need some help? Ok!

See it? Yeah, thought that could help.

Now, I know that those of us with Gmail accounts have made jokes and quips about the Ads we get based off our our emails. Right now I have an Ad for Diapers because my boyfriend send me an email that called me "baby" in it, but come on...

No comments: